Hope & Positivity

Wednesday, April 15, 2020

21 Days Of Lockdown

Today we are completing 21 days of lockdown due to pandemic of Covid 19.  In these days we heard several words resonated in our mind -Lockdown, Quarrantine, Social distancing and Work from Home. We acknowledged these words not just to live with them but same time these words also open the doors of learning, thinking, contemplating, exploring, sharing & caring for ourselves and others too. 

 So I am introspecting myself how was last 21 days? how do I used it? What are changes that I made to myself and others?

First let's acknowledge that this is not usual time and we are also not use of it. But situation is made such that we can see this as a great opportunity for bringing change in ourselves not just for personal well being but collectively also for family, society and nation. 

So I am summarising how I spend last 21 days of lockdown:

1. When I got up in the morning everyday I pray to supreme and spiritual power that governs entire universe to give strength to all human being to fight against invisible enemy and come back to normal life quickly.

2.  At this point of time, extending support to front runner warriors looks difficult while ensuring social distancing but still we can do it. I am happy that I supported to front runner warriors by donating to PM Cares fund and also to funds raised by my school mates within capability.

3. My wife always considered herself digitally challenged. She always afraid of using laptop and using various basic tools, browser. I tried to assist her to learn various tools quickly like ppt making, using word doc, online meeting through Zoom to take online classes for her school students.

4. Engaging children in this period within four walls is really a difficult task. My brother, suggested me a programming language,Scratch for kids at very reasonal charge. Actually children like animations, so with this programming language children can become consumer to creator of animation. Now my son is enjoying with MIT developed programming language, Scratch learning from scratch.

5. In last 21 days I could write 6 articles on my blog manudrishti.blogspot.com

6. I finished two books. One is self help book, Happy Money. This book talks about to consider the money as an energy. It gives simple tips how to increase your wealth. This helped me to change my perspective towards money. Other book is from Sudha Murthy's, The old man and his God. It contains short and simple varied life experiences of author that enlightens us with food for thought.

7.  We all know the benefits of 
yoga and meditation. But somehow I could not able to start them in regular days. These days, I promised myself to do 'meditation' and 'Surya Namaskar'. These are very important for healthy mind and body. Even Lord Krishna asked Arjuna to do Surya Namaskar before Mahabharta. It is said that by doing so one can't be poor and can't be in adversity. It looks true when mind and body are healthy, both manifest for healthy action. The best part is that when I initiated 'Surya Namaskar' every family members follwed the same including kids. Happy to see a healthy habit getting born in my family

8. I attended couple of webinars, one on storytelling and other on content writing. Learnt simple tips to improve my storytelling and writing skills Still exploring for adding professional skills. Now it is zeroed down to Tableau and Data Analytics. Hope to start them tomorrow.

9. I am regular in Toastmasters club. This time I attended weekly online meeting and attended workshop on 'Effective Evaluation' by TM Prakash Tamhankar. It was indeed a great learning for me 

10. I could able to spend much time with family that I missed out in regular days. This time an essense of togetherness emerged happily and lovingly, doing daily chores together cooking, cleaning & brooming. Everyone contributed a bit. Even our 'Alexa', Amazon Prime, Netflix and DD Channel, each of them helped us in enhancing our bonding in each time we spent together.

Now lockdown of 21 days is getting over and another lockdown -2 is starting fromn15th April to 3rd May. So I am planning for much more use of my time effectively and efficiently.

Want to know know how did you spent time in last 21 days and how are you planning in next lockdown?
~K.K.




16 comments:

  1. well expressed. proved happiness is within us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the negative side it is like a house arrest, but on the positive side, this is a opportunity to spend more time with family members. This is a good time to nurture new hobbies and renew past hobbies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good insight for others at least for me.Will try to follow same during 2.0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words.Time for us to utilise it well..

      Delete
  4. The way you utilise your lockdown is astonishing and motivating one!!
    As we have been listening since childhood that every dreadful thing has some good qualities and so this covid-19 too.
    Due to this pandemic, people have been able to get back those forgotten relations,they mostly getting the time to spend with their relatives and friends,people who were lost somewhere due to their works, forget their priorities towards their life today they have regained that moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks a lot for encouragement. You have rightly said.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too good. Your choice of using simple words to describe your thoughts is admirable. Keep it flowing

    R shesha Prasad
    79 metallurgy

    ReplyDelete
  7. More work done in lockdown time

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well expressed sir ! You have really been utilizing your time to it's best. Personally, your Meditation part took my interest as i too have been practicing few Meditations from last couple of months. Would like to know what type of Meditation are you practicing? On my part i am also into burning few calories by jogging every lockdown evening. It feels so energetic coupled with Meditation. I will definitely check your blog. Would love to read more of your writings

    ReplyDelete
  9. Truly Inspirational, rather I would say motivational. This period of covid has developed the cerebrum which is really commendable.

    ReplyDelete