Hope & Positivity

Thursday, July 4, 2019

Can We Learn Leadership Lesson from Kid

IOn 2nd July, my elder son has birthday. So when he got up in the morning, myself and my wife wished him with love of  hug and warm kiss. He also called his grandparents and sought their blessings. He dressed up in colourful dress and took a lot of candies to distribute them among school's friends and teachers.

While he was in school, class teacher calls the birthday boy and asks him to choose one friend to help him to go along around the school to distribute the candies.Boys are found to be excited to be with the birthday boy and most of them request for being part of it. Initially my son thought of choosing his best friend, Khalid. In mean while a boy who is just ahead of his desk and also new to class requested him to accompany him. He has not got any chance called by any of classmates.

The class teacher callled him and asked him to choose one of the boys to assist in helping him. He was asked by teacher to turn back without facing class and select one boy. As many of his friends requested to accompany him. Without much of thought he finally choose the new boy. The boy was quite happy and thanked him.

Satwik shared the story to me and then we realised that he had shown his leadership quality. Normally, boys choose his best friends to accompany him by giving friendly assistance and anticipate a never ending the friendship. I liked the way he thought about it and choose his new friend accompanying him. He had chosen the boy who was not got opportunities, may be this is a small effort but this gives a lesson for others. Leadership is about giving chance to each of team members and take them along in every walk of life. He made an effort to make friendship stronger and healthier.

I am quiet happy and elated to know the story told by him. I can see the leadership style of my son. Well done my boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment