Hope & Positivity

Wednesday, March 4, 2020

3rd March- A Special Day!

3rd March is a special day for us in the company. Today we celebrate birth anniversary of our founder, J N Tata. It is celebrated just like a festival in Jamshedpur and we gathered to sales office across the country to pay homage to a great man. 

Just two years back I was in Bangalore and I joinned in for paying homage to founder. Ex employee of the company along with other colleagues also joined in. Even our Ex MD of the company, Mr B Muthuraman had also shown his presence. After paying homage to founder by us, Mr Muthuraman spoke few lines about the founder and about the company. Few of us also spoke few lines on this ocassion. All of sudden, I was also asked to speak something. Although I didn't prepare for the same I gathered my courage to speak out. I was fumbled and felt myself dejected. I was taken aback. I felt that I am destroying my value. If I can't speak fluently and confidently then how I could do well in career and how I could able to lead a team. For few days I had sleepless night and instrospecting myself how to improve upon it. I also realised that it is me who is responsible for my state of being not even the company. I decided and promised myself whatever the means I am going to change myself and hence, I knocked the door of Bangalore Toastmasters Club. When I attended weekly meetings, I realised that this a perfect place to improve my confidence and communication. Without any delay I became member of club. Over the period of time I regularly participative and I could see the gradual improvement within myself.

Today again I was partipative in paying homage to our founder. Today, I was decided myself to speak something. After speaking by few of attendees, without any provocation, I took the chance to speak. I spoke few lines with context. I spoke how ex employees of the company contributed in line of vision laid down by founder. The company could stand on its feet for more than 100 years because the contribution by ex employees was immense. 

This time I was very confident and bold. My thoughts was very clear and crisp. I was delighted to see the change within me. Everyday I see the change in search of new version of myself.  

So 3rd March is really important for me to trigger for self development. On this day, a birth of a great man our founder took place several decades back, but just two years back on same day new version of myself was also born. 

What a fantastic day for me. It is also said that mother gives birth to you once but you have ability to give birth several times. I feel I have given birth to myself on this mementous day. 
~KK

No comments:

Post a Comment