Hope & Positivity

Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Riding Bicycle

When my elder son,Satwik was growing up and he was five year old. I thought of buying new bicycle on his 5th birthday. I surprised him with it and he was at cloud nine. He expressed his feeling with love and hugged me. 

Since he never ride a bicycle so I put side wheels stand fitted in rear wheel. He could able to ride it and enjoy bicycling. Everyday when he came home after school, he ran for riding his bicycle.

Days went away, one day I thought of taking out side stand and asked him to ride without it. He had shown resistance and feeling uncomfortable riding without side support. Since he was very well used of it and considered it as a part of bicycle which is non detachable part. I pushed him to ride by giving support but he could not able to ride it. Even I encouraged him by showing him in park how others are doing it but he could not able to ride it without stand. He had feeling that he may fall down and his fear continued. 

After few years we transferred to Bangalore and lived in big complex. He was excited to see many of children staying in the complex of his age. He made good friends and started playing with them. He also noticed that some of them have their own bicycle without side stand and enjoying the ride in the complex. After observing for some days he thought let me try bicycle of my friends. He tried and he could able ride it in very short time. Even some of his friends encouraged him to break his limit. It gave a lot of confidence & courage to do it.

When he learnt to ride he came to me and expressed his excitement and took me to demonstrate with joy to me by riding the bicycle.

If I recollect my thought on this experience I learnt a great lesson. Many a times in life learning by ownself doesn't push ourself. The confidence and courage are limited in our mind and in our action. But observing others and learning from them make ourselves to cross the limitation. This is beauty of working in team that pushes our own limits. 

So if we are struck somewhere in life and trying hard to achieve something but could not able to do it, let's try to be part of a group. By observing others make our stereotype mindset futile and inspires to achieve what we set the goal for ourselves. 
~KK

No comments:

Post a Comment