Hope & Positivity

Thursday, November 26, 2020

Toastmasters' Journey!

I joined BTMC in June 2018 with the intention  of improving my communication  skills. Initially I had the impression that this was an apt platform for just improving my communication skills. But later while spending some meaningful  time in Toastmasters I realised that it offered ample opportunities to cultivate and enhance one's leadership skills as well. The roles of the seven  cardinal positions of  President, VP-Ed, VP-PR, VP- Mem, Secretary, Treasurer and SAA are similar to the seven luminous  stars of our brilliant galaxy. These positions enable us to embark on the worthwhile journey of not just  developing and grooming our  leadership skills but also strengthening  our competence for giving back to the worthy Toadtmaster's Movement from which we have had priceless gain.

I personally experienced that, while holding the position as Treasurer .lt helped me to connect with members and convince them for renewal by empathising with them. Keeping a track of all financial transactions with integrity improved my 'Daily Management Skills'...those proficiencies that we require to upgrade our effectiveness  in personal and professional life.

I also derived the priceless wisdom and insights into   how an international institution operates and functions across the globe.l felt priveleged  to be associated with  an institution of such  high repute  which stood for the exemplary  values, of Respect, Integrity, Service and Excellence( RISE)


This institution is defintely the  laboratory, which enables us not only to progress along the Pathways of more resplendent  Communication and Leadership but also to give our life skills a substantial boost !!!

~K.K

No comments:

Post a Comment